Last updated: May 2018
What are cookies?
Our site uses cookie technology to provide you with a better and more personalized web service. An “Internet Cookie” (also known as a “browser cookie” or “HTTP cookie” or “cookie”) is a small file that is stored by the browser and read from the final device’s hard drive (for example, computer, laptop, or phone), depending on the websites you visit. Cookies are installed by request from a web-server to a browser (ex Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome).
Once installed, cookies have a fixed lifespan, remaining “passive”, meaning they do not contain software, viruses or spyware and will not access the information on the hard drive of the user whose equipment was installed.
A cookie consists of two parts: the name of the cookie and the content or value of the cookie. From a technical point of view, only the web server that sent the cookie can access it again when a user returns to the web page associated with the respective web server.
The purposes for which cookies are used through this website
Cookies are used to provide users of this portal with a better browsing experience and services tailored to the needs and interests of each user, as following:
- improving the use of this portal, including by identifying any errors that occur during its visit / use by users;
- providing anonymous statistics to RODY LTD – HOTEL DANUBE regarding how this portal is used;
- anticipation of possible services that will be made available to users through this portal in the future, depending on the services / products accessed.
- facilitating access to the users account
- measuring and recording site traffic (Google Analytics)
The lifetime of cookies
The lifetime of the cookies can it can vary significantly, depending on the purpose for which they are placed. There are some categories of cookies which determinate their lifetime duration:
- Session cookies – is a cookie that is automatically deleted when the user closes the browser.
- Persistent or fixed cookies – is a cookie that remains stored in the user’s terminal until it reaches a certain expiration date (which may be a few minutes, days or years) or until it is deleted by the user at any time through the browser settings.
What cookies are used through this portal?
By using / visiting the portal, the following cookies can be placed:
- Absolutely necessary cookie files that allow you to browse the website and use its basic functions. Usually, they are installed only in response to the actions you take, which is equivalent to a service request. These cookies are indispensable for the use of the portal and cannot be disabled.
PHPSESSID, expires when the browser is closed.
With regard to third-party cookies, the expiration period may vary and in some cases may exceed 2 years. For more details on this category of cookies, see the section below.
What are cookies placed by third parties?
Certain sections of content on the portal may be provided through third parties, not referring to RODY LTD – HOTEL DANUBE, in which case these cookies are called third party cookies.
These cookies come from the following third parties: Google Analytics
- Google Analytics. Our portal uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google. Google Analytics uses cookie files to help the portal owner analyze how it is used. Information generated by the cookie files regarding your use of the portal (including your IP address) will be transmitted and stored by Google on servers that can be located in the EU, EEA and / or the United States. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, developing reports and providing other services related to the activity of the portal. Google may also transfer this information to third parties, if it is legally required to do so, or if such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with other data held by Google.
NID, expires in 6 months and is used to record a unique ID that identifies the device of a user returning to the site. The ID is used for placing ads.
You may opt out of Google Analytics without affecting how you visit our portal.
Detailed information about Google Analytics and personal data protection (including how you can control information sent to Google) can be found at: https://policies.google.com/privacy/partners
To prevent monitoring by this type of cookie, you can install an add-in on your web browser (http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout).
Customize your browser settings for cookies
You can block or remove cookies either through your browser settings or by using third-party applications. If you disable cookies, you may not be able to access the full functionality of the portal.
All browsers offer the ability to change cookie settings. These settings can be accessed as a rule in the “Options”, “Tools” or “Preferences” menus of your browser.
To understand these settings, the following links may be useful:
- Cookie settings Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings Firefox
- Cookie settings Chrome
- Cookie settings Safari
- Cookie settings Edge
- Cookie settings Opera
For any additional questions about how cookies are used through this portal, you can contact us at email@example.com